Monday, October 25, 2010

Book fair and October events

Last week, Saccarappa's library had a book fair. In essence, it's a mini book sale with titles targeted for the younger audience. Some titles were more of a family kind - for older children in the family, if you have them.
We found a good (in my opinion, of course) book, I Need My Monster, and have been reading it every night as a bedtime story. I had some misgivings about really having it as a nighttime story but it seems to be safe.
A lot of books I simply don't care for - they are of little literary value, like those Disney stories, and I guess I am snob like that - I like good books, books with a story rather than commercial success as a cartoon.
Anyway, now another major even is parent lunch - which may be tricky as it appears it will be rainy, and Halloween.
The school is looking good - thanks to lots of efforts by the principal and other helpers (whose names I don't know, sorry about that!), and anyone attending the parent lunch will enjoy the view.
I wonder if anyone is reading this blog. If you do, please leave a comment so I know. I guess I will still be writing, because I enjoy it. I would also like for it to be useful.
I have some ideas about PTA, too. In another post.

No comments: